Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It's Chanchan Way ~

It's such a magnificent morning in Sandakan. I couldn't recall when the last time I woke as early as this morning. Yesterday, after lunch, as I was preoccupied preparing myself back to work I noticed something out of ordinary. I couldn't hear my son, Chanchan @ Achan, exulting in jubilant or blubbering asking for someone to carry him around. Bear in mind, the sound of silence in my tiny house is no longer considered as normal!

Being an apprehensive dad, I couldn't help myself to go out and looking for my son. He was neither to be found in the living hall nor the maid's room. As I was searching I glanced something through the corner of my eyes. Oh, there he was sleeping like a dormant bear in winter in the balcony of the house. I was laughing to myself. Silly me, of course he was sleeping. It's his sleeping time after all.

But only this time he'd changed spot. No longer in silence, air-conditioned room with blanket all over. It's au naturale time. Even the deafening sounds of hole drilling down stairs didn't moved him. What a boy!
 So, as we stepped out, my wife 'shussh' me the the index finger on her mouth with all intention not to wake him. Yeah, as if our foot steps sound would wake him from his slumber land!
 

4 comments:

  1. papaC, i've read this before i called mamaC.. but since i am a silent reader, its best for me not to give any comment..hoho..
    my darling nephew chan2 is a typical kampung boy, no matter how hard the parents tried to modernise him, using the ELC (made in the UK) quilt or by feeding him using Avent (also made in the UK), chan2 remains a kampung boy.. nothing beat sleeping in the verandah with humid breeze of sandakan

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanking you for reading my blog even as a silent reader. chan2 will always be a kampung boy, perhaps, the legacy he takes after his father. however, due to the extreme condition of 'bollok'ness possessed by mamaC, all the cheeky gizmos you mentioned have found its way either missing or misplaced to the point of no return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hoho, putting words together to make a decent sentences is not really mi talent dear.. its either potrays the bollokness of miself or do not make any sense at all..thats why I remain a silent reader. but never fear, your blog will always be on my top list (besides jauharpen) from now onwards..;)
    keep writing DD, i must say your english is excellent, never thought it was written by a kampung boy hehe way better than mine, and of course, better than mamaC's haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you along. your praises mean the world to me.

    ReplyDelete